$3,000 in prizes
Best Use of Design Thinking
Health Ventures Award
The Forge Best Business Idea Award
Highest Impact Award
Solutions Incubator Best Overall Project Award
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Business Development Officer, Global Hamilton at Hamilton Economic Development
Incubator Manager at The Forge McMaster
Program Manager of Google Developer Student Clubs
Community Engaged Learning Coordinator & MacChangers Instructor
Assistant Professor of Medicine; Health Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Systems Thinking in Higher Ed
Dr. Robert Fleisig
Associate Professor at McMaster University
Problem Definition: is the problem clearly defined and is it important?
• Ability to articulate targeted main point(s) around the problem space • Clearly defined use case that matches articulated main points • Potential for impact
Technical Feasibility: can the technical specifications be implemented?
• Feasibility of implementation • Solution provided is technically sound
Business Feasibility: how will the solution reach the target audience?
• Path to market is obvious • There is a business model/scalability/distribution plan
Use of Design Thinking and Human Centered Design Principles
• Demonstrates use of Design Thinking to improve outcomes
• Is the project original? • Has the need already been addressed by academic research or industry? • Does the product introduce a new approach or perspective?
• Was the demo clear enough to convey the above criteria?